Sunday, November 06, 2005

Revolutionizing Reading

In a new bid to bring technology in the domain of reading and books, Amazon and Google are developing models to allow customers to purchase bits of books online for as little as 5 cents a page. This is a compromise formula being worked on to defeat Google's attempts to digitize books and provide a searchable database of all its material. If implemented, this proposal would revolutionize reading as it will allow people to but material relevant to them at throwaway prices, bringing many more people into the "reading fold". I don't know if everyone would be happy with this though. I for one like my books in paper format and the costs and the effort in printing out material might just prevent me from clicking that link. The corner bookshop for me any day. But this news for all you online junkies. Go get your online reading dope, well soon enough.

No comments: